10.04.2008

Go out and VOTE!

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the Blogger world. I just want to briefly mention that there are only 30 days until we all decide to go out and vote (sooner if you do absentee ballot). Now, I'm not gonna ram whom I choose down nobody's throat that they should vote for them as well. But I will say this:

This election is riding on not just your future, but the futures of our children, little brother and sisters, cousins, niece and nephews. If you don't think about the rest of your future, at least think about theirs. They deserve a quality education. They deserve to walk outside and breathe in clean air. They deserve a good life. I can't speak for nobody else, but I know I want my children to have the best and be able to work for it as well.

I know I want to vote for the right candidate that can make change happen, and give me the security of knowing that what happened September 11, 2001 will never happen again. I want to vote for a person who is looking out for the best interest of the people who live and work in this country freely, and not for the lobbyists who are only looking out for their cause and theirs only.

Ladies and gentlemen, don't give no excuse if we go through the same thing we went through 8 years ago: a certain someone was stealing votes when he knew he had an uphill battle to face to win an election he didn't deserve. Don't complain if you end up with "Everybody Left Behind" (lol), another war with somebody else, and Osama Bin Laden himself blowing up downtown L.A. Absolutely DO NOT COMPLAIN!

So just make sure you know exactly what you are doing when you are voting. Make sure you are sure about your vote, what you vote for and whom you vote for. Because once you make your decision, that's it! There are no take-backs, no shoulda-woulda-coulda, nothin. That's it. It's a done deal for the next 4-8 years. Just get registered, and go vote. Now, for those of you who are voting for the first time, know the deadlines for registering to vote, and do it early. A certain politician is betting on some people to get tripped up and not get the chance to vote, or get frustrated about the whole process and just not vote period.

Oh, and please... when you go vote, DO NOT WEAR YOUR CAMPAIGN GEAR (i.e. Obama or McCain shirts, pins, hats. But we all know it's mostly about the Obama gear). Election officials consider that ELECTIONEERING. Do not do that! Just wear regular clothing, and go vote. If you wear ANY campaign gear, you will be turned away. I repeat: IF YOU WEAR ANY CAMPAIGN GEAR TO THE POLLS, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY. I know you want to support whom you vote for, but just for the sake of peace and cooperation, don't do it.

Okay, my time is up talking about this topic. Just make sure you are registered and ready to vote. Make your voice heard.

Peace and Blessings.
Untouched Jewel

No comments: